Delta Kappa Alpha
Our Purpose Statements
And that's just a few...
Delta Kappa Alpha was first organized in 1935 as a Professional Cinematography Fraternity for men. Receiving its National Charter, the Fraternity was founded on March 16, 1936, in Bridge Hall of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California.
The ten men agreed on the name Delta Kappa Alpha because it was the reverse of the initials of the leading Founder and first President, Allen K. Dallas, they determined that each letter will stand for a basic art of the Cinema – Dramatic (Delta), Kinematic (Kappa), and Aesthetic (Alpha).
Two years later, in March, 1938, they established the National Board of Officers, with Jack McClelland serving as the first National President.
Delta Kappa Alpha expanded in 1949 when a Beta Chapter formed at Boston University. Additional chapters were established at Gamma Chapter at NYU in 1950, and Delta Chapter at UCLA in 1953.
At A Glance
The Farmer Tripod
Constant Learning & Adaptability
“Do-It-Yourself” Inventiveness & Problem-Solving